If you go to your local EB Games, Gamestop, or Gamecrazy and pre-order the new Metal Gear Solid for our beloved PSP, you can go home with a swanky new PSP case. Considering a lot of people are already planning on buying this game anyway, they can now guarentee that they get this highly-anticipated game on release, AND a fresh new Metal Gear Solid branded case while you do it![via Gamespot]
As we know, today Star Fox Command was released, and so far has been getting decent reviews. Both IGN and 1up have posted reviews. Here is an interesting part of 1up’s review…
The last truly great Star Fox experience was Star Fox 64, a straight-up space shooter with only a few well-executed ground missions. Yet this recent streak of quirks continues in Star Fox Command, a game that mixes the franchise’s traditional arcade combat with, of all things, turn-based strategy. What’s even stranger? It somehow kinda works.
Another new week has arrived and a fresh batch of games has come with it. This week brings us five new games. A couple worth noting are Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins and Super Monkey Ball Adventure. Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins brings the classic platformer to the PSP. The original released in 1985 is considered one of the hardest games every to be released for the NES. Super Monkey Ball Adventures needs no introduction. The arcade cabinet turned console game is making it’s way to the PSP for your playing pleasure.
On the Nintendo DS front we have two new games. Star Fox Command comes out today and Harlem Globetrotters: World Tour is scheduled for release tomorrow.
- August 29 – Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
- August 29 – 50 Cent: Bulletproof G Unit Edition
- August 29 – Super Monkey Ball Adventure
- August 29 – Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins
- August 29 – World Championship Poker: Featuring Howard Lederer – All In
- August 28 – Star Fox Command
- August 29 – Harlem Globetrotters: World Tour
Activision is readying a totally original game for it’s fall release on the Nintendo DS.
Spider-Man: Battle for New York allows gamers to take on the role of their favorite Super Hero, Spider-Man, and one of his famed nemeses, Green Goblin, in an original storyline which builds upon their legendary comic book rivalry. For the first time in a handheld Spider-Man game, players can personalize their gaming experiences by choosing what abilities and powers to upgrade and when, such as Spider-Man’s web maneuvers or Green Goblin’s fire attacks, as they progress through the game. Playing as both good and evil, gamers will experience levels packed with frenzied action, in-depth combat and a host of unique super moves as they embark on the ultimate quest to save New York City from almost certain disaster.
- Battle as Spider-Man and Green Goblin – As the heroic Spider-Man, players use fancy web work, quick reflexes and acrobatic assaults to defeat the evil characters plaguing the city. As Green Goblin, fans experience the demonic, beastly Super Villain’s fury and wreak havoc around town on a quest for revenge.
- Customize Each Character’s Combat Ability – Gamers personalize their gameplay experience like never before by choosing which abilities to improve and upgrade for both Spider-Man and Green Goblin. From Spider-Manâ€™s enhanced web slinging to Green Goblinâ€™s ultra devastating attacks, this is the most customizable Spider-Man handheld experience to-date.
- Execute Special Moves – In the battle for control of the city, special moves make all the difference. To protect New York City as Spider-Man, players utilize powerful web whips, spin-kicks, crouch kicks and other cool maneuvers. As Green Goblin, gamers terrorize the Big Apple with ferocious fireballs and a full-body wall of fire.
- Experience Unique Mini-Games – Players use Spider-sense to play Nintendo DS Touch Screen mini-games.
- All-New Original Storyline – The ghastly Green Goblin has escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and joined forces with the notorious Kingpin to unleash a diabolical plan to turn the cityâ€™s gang members into super-human, Oz-enhanced soldiers. Now itâ€™s up to Spider-Man to thwart the evil duoâ€™s scheme and make the streets of the Big Apple safe, once again.
Homebrewers can finally play homebrew on their 2.00+ PSPs—without GTA. After the discovery of the TIFF vulnerability by NOPx86, a team of homebrew developers including psp250, Skylark, Joek2100, CSwindle, JimP and Fanjita banned together to create a “Hello World” application. The exploit can be run on 2.00+ firmwares and developing an eLoader type application shouldn’t be too hard for 2.00-2.60 firmwares. However, 2.70+ will be more difficult because of the added security measures. Kernel mode is not available on 2.80 unfortunately.[via Noobz.eu]
After discovering a rather jarring bug in NCAA 07 for PSP, everyone thought EA might release a patch or something. Instead EA, is recalling faulty UMDs and replacing them with new ones.
If you own a defective copy, send the UMD to:
EA Customer Warranty
Attn: NCAA PSP
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
Include your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. Your replacement UMD should be sent out within 10 days and will include a coupon for $15 off you next purchase at EA’s online store; free shipping with is included with your order.[via GameSpot]
Konami has announced that Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, the PSP exclusive Metal Gear game, will support Sony’s upcoming GPS peripheral. How the game will utilize the GPS receiver has yet to be announced but Konami is planning to show off Portable Ops along side the GPS receiver at the Tokyo Game Show in September. Hot Shots Golf and Homestar will be shown there as well. Stay tuned to PGRevolution as more details are announced.
As always, the DS:Life podcast will be in it’s own feed, and downloadable from DSLifePodcast.com. Please visit that site to download/subscribe for automatic download.
We are back with episode number three of the DS:Life podcast.
Well we are not in the Top 10 videogame podcasts on iTunes, thanks to all who have supported us, and a big Hello! to those who are listening for the first time! This episode brings Edgar and I together for 35 minutes of DS news goodness, as sadly Steve could not make it for this recording.
Tune in to get all the info on the new games coming out for the DS, news on the Nintendo Club, a sneak peek at a new shooter coming out, and of course… all the news that you can shake your stylus at!
Also, please send in your 60 second game reviews. If we like them they will be played in future podcasts.
Visit DSLifePodcast.com for downloads and subscription links.
Sony has teamed up with pop artist P!nk to released a new PSP for you to foist upon you enemies and burnout their retinas. Okay, maybe not but it’s pretty damn close. The pink PSP is set to release on October 27 in Europe only and will cost €229 and £169 for the value pack and “core” pack respectively. Those who pick up this limited edition PSP will also gain access to exclusive P!nk content via Sony’s YourPSP.com service.
So why did Sony release this abomination? Well, here’s what the PSP senior manager had to say:
Our collaboration with P!nk will reflect the shared values between the artist, PlayStation and all the young women with freedom, confidence and attitude. The exclusive and exciting P!nk content made available in this Limited Edition will let young women discover the entertainment potential of PSP beyond gaming. PSP is not exclusively for men, there is a PSP for everyone, and whoever you are, PSP can fit into your life.
We are back and ready to heat things up yet again. PSP Podcast #52 is here bringing you all the greatest news about your PSP. In this episode I talk about some new games coming out, a P!NK PSP, some new PSP designs coming from the Playstation Collection, and wrap things up talking about some of the greatest homebrew released lately. We may also have some surprises for you in this episode as well.
Call our voicemail line and leave us a comment! 1-206-326-1221
- DS:Life Podcast
- Sonic Rivals Screens
- Star Wars: Lethal Alliance
- Pink PSP
- New Sony PSP Colors
- August Content Pack Released
- No Price Cut Planned
- bookr v0.7.1
- iRShell 2.0 Released
- Triganometry Wars
PGZine is back! Except this time around we’re doing things a little bit differently. Instead of bringing you one gigantic issue every month, we’ve decided to produce quick bite size issues aptly named: PGZine Mini. PGZine Mini won’t have a set release date; our mantra is to create quick, short mags and release as often as possible. With that said, enjoy the first issue of PGZine Mini featuring a preview of the upcoming SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2.