I know what you’re all probably thinking, and no, that is NOT a typo in the title of my post! Homebrew developer Wololo has created a game based entirely on Magic: the Gathering to play against an AI opponent on your PSP called Wagic, The Homebrew ?!.
You start the game with a random collection of cards to use to build your first deck. As you play against the computer and start winning, you’ll be earning credits to use to buy additional cards in the Shop. There is an incredibly detailed instruction manual that comes when you download the game, so be sure to read it! Having played Magic: the Gathering in actual card form before, this game looks to have a lot of promise and is definitely visually impressive!
A lot of work has gone into the game since it’s initial release, check out the full list of extensive fixes after the jump.
Download: Wagic, The Homebrew ?! v0.1.0
Re-blogged from our sister site: Nukoda.com
Here is a complete list of all of the errors that have been corrected since both the alpha and beta releases of Wagic, The Homebrew ?!:
- Mana abilities of special lands such as Cascade Bluffs
- Problems when Ascendant Evincar and Goblin King are in play at the same time
- Problems with wither sending a creatures to the graveyard several times
- Volcanic Eruption
- Mana ability for creatures such as Llanowar elves or bird of paradise is now subject to summoning sickness
- Shop bug when buying a booster/starter after playing
- The AI can now use a few spells with one target, such as lightning bolt, or a few auras, etc…
- Some graphical improvements in the game screen (shadows, background, targetting…)
- Added between 150 and 200 new cards from 10th Edition, Eventide, and Shards of Alara (ok, I’m cheating, some of these cards are just available in Revised with a different design)
- Improved the _cards.dat configuration files, allows a bit more scripting without recompiling (destroy, bury, damage,…)
- Added new card abilities : Persist(untested),haste,Exalted,Legendary(Untested), Wither
- Now possible to play without the card pictures (I plan to do releases without the pictures in the future, for bandwidth and legal reasons)
- You can now sell cards in the deck editor with the X button (not extensively tested). Do not forget to save before going back to the main menu, even if you didn’t update your deck.
- The shop now shows you the contents of the booster/starter you just bought (not very usable yet). Click X to close it !
- (Internal/windows version): Added a small test suite for automated tests
- Hybrid Mana cost
- (Internal): Counters system. No cool graphical representation yet.
- Bug Fixes:
- Auras should now go to the graveyard if their target goes to the graveyard
- First strike/double strike should now work correctly
- Activated abilities : can’t use activated abilities with a Tap symbol for creatures that have summoning sickness (except in some specific cases where the bug remains, such as mana producers)
- Birds of Paradise: can now add green mana
- Animate Dead
- Drain Life
- Goblin Balloon Brigade now doesn’t have automatic flying
- Keldon Warlord’s power/toughness decrease if a creature is put into a graveyard
- Paralyze is now put into the graveyard if its target is put into a graveyard