Lucasarts has announced a new Star Wars Battlefront game titled “Renegade Squadron” offering a new story taking place between Star Wars, and Return of the Jedi. Many common Star Wars planets like Hoth, Tatooine, and Yavin’s fourth moon will return as well as little known places like Sullust. In a very SOCOM manner, players can not only choose classes but customize their characters weapon selection and such! On top of all of this, this new title will support SIXTEEN PLAYER INFRASTRUCTURE.
Star Wars BattlefrontÂ®: Renegade Squadronâ„¢ is the previously untold story of a ragtag ensemble of battle-hardened rogues and scoundrels assembled by Han Solo. Gathered to execute some of the most secretive operations in the Rebel Alliance’s war against the Galactic Empire, the Renegade Squadron participates in battles spanning the galaxy. From the Valley of the Sith on Korriban to a dogfight in space through the remains of Alderaan, Solo directs the team on missions of sabotage, rescue and retrieval.Â
- Beginning with the evacuation of Yavin 4 (end of A New Hope) and ending with the Battle of Endor (Return of the Jedi), the original story features 11 battles as seen through the eyes of a clandestine Rebel team personally selected by Han Solo.
- Millions of possible customizations directly affect gameplay to an even greater degree than the predetermined character classes of previous Star Wars Battlefront games.
- Earn credits to upgrade and customize soldiers’ attributes (health, speed, agility), equipment (weapons, items) and appearance (species, body, insignia, uniform colors).
- New maps include Ord Mantell, Boz Pity, Korriban, Sullust and Saleucami, plus new space battles at Kessel, Hoth, Bespin, and the remnants of Alderaan. Renegade Squadron also adds a second Hoth map, plus a new interpretation of Endor.
- For the first time, fly as heroes in space aboard the Millennium Falcon, Darth
This confirms that it’s the only Battlefront game of 2007… Looks like it could be a hardcore system seller.