With a bittersweet announcement, Ahman’s prolific do-all application iRShell is no more. This comes as a bit of a surprise to me as the relases and feature additions were coming fast and furious since the first version was made available. The message over on irshell.com simply reads:
iR Shell 2.2 Final is released. The is the final release of iR Shell and thank you for everyone’s support. I hope all of you enjoy using iR Shell as much as I enjoyed developing it. Goodbye!
So with that 2.2 is out, and sadly, that is that for this terrific piece of homebrew.
I personally would like to thank Ahman for all that he has done for the homebrew community. Other homebrew authors rallied around iRShell and created some great plugins to allow for some great features. So download, use and support this great piece of homebrew. Version 2.2 brings up some great additions:
- The Homebrew directory can be customized under iR Configurator. You can change it from original /PSP/GAME to anything you like. Pls note if you relocate the homebrew directory, XMB won’t be able to launch them.
- You can now organize your homebrews into various sub-folders, such as:Emulators, Games, General Utilities, WiFi Applications. This will help to organize your homebrews and make it easier to locate a specific one easier. It also helps to speed up the APP view. The sub-folder must be in the syntax of “$name$”. The 2 dollar signs are used to signify this is a folder which contains various homebrews.
- The File Manipulation has been updated for the APP view, so that you can create, rename, delete directories as usual. Pls note when you create directory under APP view, you don’t need to put dollar signs and the system will add them automatically.
- A new PMP Mod AVC 1.02M plugin by Magelo is included. In order to avoid conflicts with the original PMP Mod 2.02. This new AVC plugin will use extension name “AVC” which means you’ll have to rename your pmp avc files to name.avc. The original PMP movie files will still be name.pmp.
- A new beautiful skin “Vista Clarity” by PSPHax0r9.