A bunch of PSP news was announced at Comic-Con 2006. Including the first hint of a new PSP firmware upgrade. According to IGN, a firmware update will be released next Thursday that will enable RSS video feed support. Currently audio feeds are only supported. The new update will also be accompanied by a demo for World Tour Soccer 2 as an extra incentive to upgrade.
Other news of note includes:
- The PSP Greatest Hits Collection will be released on July 25.
- There are no plans to improve text entry and no plans for a first-party keyboard peripheral.
- Sony is meeting with wireless internet providers to create more wifi hotspots for PSP gamers.
- Sony is working on enabling video out so you can output video from your PSP’s screen to say… a TV?
- Sony Connect will will have a movie download service much like their music download service but it is being delayed because they’re still developing a DRM scheme.