Gamespot has posted 12 new screenshots of the upcoming PSP version of the already console-released Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble.
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble for the PSP sports the following features:
* New ‘versus’ gameplay for the Viewtiful Joe universe –The gloves come off during the ‘audition’ as players participate in intense versus fighting action.
* All-star cast of playable characters – Reacquaint yourself with familiar faces or discover new and original characters from the Kids’ WB!’s television series, Silvia, Alastor, Sprocket, an ice princess that intimidates people with her cold stares, and Captain Blue Junior.
* Interactive environments – In addition to new set designs, players will be able to use background elements to attack their opponents.
* Story Mode – A single player mode where gamers face off against the AI-controlled characters and advance through the story
* Multiplayer Battle Mode – Duke it out wirelessly via the PSP system’s ad hoc mode with up to three other players and see who reigns on the big screen.
Exclusive PSP system features
* Dante, of Devil May Cry fame, is an unlockable character with his own unique moves and storyline in tow.
* A single player Trial Mode has been added which offers an assortment of quick and challenging mini-games.
* Game sharing feature allows others to play selective stages and characters using only one disk
While the game was not a great success on the Game Cube, hopefully Capcom has released and corrected their mistakes for the PSP version. We will find out in March.